Friday 5 October 2012

Introduction and Aims


Introduction and Aims

For my magazine I have decided to stick to one sub-genre of music, classic rock. This is a popular genre that I feel I know most about as I have always looked up to the artists and grown up listening to them. Through research I feel there is only one main magazine that targets classic rock in particular which is the magazine ‘Classic Rock’ so I feel it would be good to try and venture into making a magazine similar to this which I hope will be just as successful. I am going to be aiming the magazine at age 16-40 years, this is because the bands I am going to be showing in the magazine are bands that will appeal to an older generations but younger generations also appreciate the genre of music, which makes the age range quite wide.  I will be aiming this magazine at both genders as I feel both males and females appreciate this genre of music and will want to purchase this magazine. My vision for the magazine is to have dark colours on the front, so that it stands out from other more colourful magazines, I want to stick to a strict colour scheme, so that it becomes part of what people look out for when they see my magazine, part of the magazines brand image. I am going to be aiming the magazine at all ethnicities as I feel ethnicities shouldn’t define what kind of music you’re expected to listen to, the magazine will be offering interviews and information from a range of different sounding rock bands so I feel it will appeal to most people, even if they only like one certain rock band. At the back of the magazine there will be a whole page that includes websites and dates on up and coming concerts so that people reading can easily find out when the bands that are of a classical rock genre are next playing as well as when new albums are being released. My socio economic model would be C2-DE, this is because my age range is 16-40 and because teenagers don’t have as much money the price will have to be made quite low in order for them to afford it, especially if they intend on getting a subscription, as the aim is to get regular purchases of the magazines from regular customers in order for the magazine to succeed. From my research, I can see there are a lot of bands I could include for my issue. For my magazine I have decided to call it, ‘That’s Rock!’ as it’s a simple name and tells people what the magazine is about before they even open it. The two artists I am planning to recreate for my double page will be; ‘Anthony Kiedis’ from Red Hot Chili Peppers and ‘Axl Rose’ from Guns ‘N’ Roses. For the first shot of ‘Anthony Kiedis’ I will be using the stage in the hall, which ‘Anthony Kiedis’ will be standing on, looking out to the crowd, I might put a dark sheet behind him to act as a background colour, that will go with the magazines colour scheme. For the second shot, it will be of ‘Axl Rose’ For this shot, it will be shot outside, having him in mid-walk and inside will have a page about what he’s doing with his life at the moment to keep readers up to date. For my double page layout, I will have bold fonts at the top, but normal fonts for the rest of the page. The colour scheme of the whole magazine will be black and white, this is because I think it relates to the image that goes with classic rock music and fits with what the majority of readers will prefer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment